Strawberry Passover Bars
by Maura Seebeck of the Early Childhood Centers
Looking for a fun and delicious cooking activity with the kids for Passover next week? These awesome Passover bars remind me of a breakfast bar, but they are wonderful for dessert or an afternoon snack. (I’m sure I’m not the only one with quarantined kids looking to snack all day long!) You could also use apricot or raspberry preserves as a variation if you like. Enjoy!
Passover Strawberry Bars
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Times: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 to 20 servings
- 1.5 cups butter or margarine
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups matzoh cake meal
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces strawberry jam
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a container of an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, mixing well. Add cake meal and lemon juice, mixing well.
- Place 1/2 of cake meal mixture evenly in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spread jam evenly over the top; sprinkle coconut evenly over jam. Add remaining cake meal batter over coconut; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely before serving