Kidspace (Drop-in Childcare)
Kidspace (drop-in childcare for members)
Children 6 months–8 years: Saturdays and Sundays, 7:30–12:30 pm
We are delighted to bring back childcare to the J so members with young children can utilize our facility while ensuring their kids are stimulated, safe, and socializing!
Kidspace has differentiated, age-appropriate activities that help each child feel comfortable. Your children can expect to have fun with singalongs, crafts, and more. Kidspace is a place where the youngest children learn to separate from their parents in a nurturing place, and older kids engage in their constant discovery of the world.
Community Love for Kidspace!
My husband and I were thrilled when the JCC brought back Kidspace! We often use it for our 5 and 7-year-old boys while we get in a workout, and then like to sit and have coffee together and catch up on some emails. Weekend mornings at Kidspace are wonderful. The boys play games and always leave with a cute art project that they worked on with the Kidspace staff. My kids love it.—Jocelyn
How can I be part of Kidspace?
- First, you must register each child for Kidspace using the JCC’s online registration system.
- For each child, there is a one-time registration fee of $12, which will then be applied to that child’s first hour at Kidspace.
- After registering for Kidspace you may reserve time slots for the upcoming week using the website and/or app which will be provided to you with your registration confirmation.
- On Sunday evenings, our system will open opportunities to make reservations for the upcoming week.
What is the schedule for Kidspace?
- Children 6 months–8 years: Saturdays and Sundays, 7:30–12:30 pm
How long can my child stay at Kidspace?
- You may reserve a minimum of one hour and a maximum of two hours PER CHILD per day.
How much does Kidspace cost (per child)?
- 1 hour: $12
- 90 min: $17
- 2 hours: $22
What if I need to cancel my reservation?
- Subject to availability, reservations for Kidspace may be adjusted and/or cancelled, using the designated website/app, up to 48 hours in advance of your reserved time slot.
- If you do not cancel your reservation 48 hours in advance of your reserved time you will be charged the full amount of time reserved.
Will there be a place for my baby to nap?
- Yes! We have pack’n’plays for babies who need to nap lying down.
What is the maximum capacity?
- We will have limited capacity that is subject to change based on participant ages, enabling us to both meet communal needs while also ensuring a safe, age-appropriate environment in terms of child:staff ratio.
What do kids do at Kidspace?
- Children will engage with Kidspace’s qualified, well-trained, nurturing staff and will have a variety of engaging, age-appropriate, creative activities, including exersaucers for babies, books, art supplies, games, and more.
If you have additional questions, please reach out to [email protected].