Group Exercise Classes are Open to All Shames JCC Members, Ages 16+.
Classes run for 45 minutes, except Yoga which runs for 1 hour
- BYO mat, towel, and water bottle
Please note that reservations are not required for Group Exercise classes with the exception of Cycling and all Group Aquatics classes. Indoor bikes will be reserved for registrants only; please continue to use our registration system for cycling found on the schedule link below. For all other classes, space will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. (Please note that members may not join GroupEx classes after the warm-up, or after maximum capacity is reached—whichever comes first.)
CARDIO / STRENGTH:
- Cardio Circuit: This intense circuit class combines a mix of cardio and intense muscle work.
- Cardio Resistance Training: It includes high intensity interval training with some kickboxing, boxing and strength training components. All levels are welcome.
- Cycle: Pedal through hill climbs, sprints, intervals and other challenging drills in this indoor class.
- Define: This strength only class incorporates weights and bodyweight exercises to strengthen your bones (Not a cardio workout)
- F.I.T. : Full body interval training includes a variety of equipment to give a total body workout. This challenging resistance workout combined with intense cardio bursts.
- Fit 4 Life: This arthritis fitness class incorporates sitting or standing positions to improve posture, balance, mobility and core strength.
- HIIT: High-Intensity Interval Training is a training technique that gives you an increased burst of exercise, followed by a short recovery period.
- Hi-Lo Sculpt: This class blends step aerobics with body strengthening exercises.
- Kickboxing: Combat sport that uses the hands and feet as weapons combining elements of English boxing with graceful kicking techniques.
- Power Up: This challenging 45-minute strength/conditioning class will incorporate slam balls and other equipment.
- Pure Strength: This total body workout will include resistance training and core work.
- Senior Strength & Cardio: This low impact workout consists of a warm-up, cardio, strength and flexibility components geared towards active older adults.
- Tabata Training: This high-intensity interval training workout consists of 8 rounds; 20 seconds on 10 seconds off.
- TRX Circuit: This timed interval class incorporates TRX, weights and cardio drills.
- Zumba Gold: Active older adults who are looking for a modified Zumba class at a low impact intensity.
- Zumba: Latin-inspired, cardio-dance workout at an upbeat tempo pace.
STRETCH & MOBILITY:
- Chair Yoga: This gentle form of yoga is easier on the body and for those who find it difficult to get up and down.
- Gentle Yoga: This beginning level class combines yoga postures, breathing and meditation.
- Hatha Yoga: A multi-level strength-based practice that incorporates a series of poses that flow through breath and movement.
- Mat Pilates: This class improves flexibility, tones muscles helps balance the body while strengthening the spine and core which helps promote mind-body awareness.
- Tai Chi: This meditative practice based on Taoist philosophy of health, spirituality and
self-defense. Its natural, relaxed movements promote inner calm and improve self-awareness, balance and coordination
- Yogalates: A combination of Yoga and Pilates that focus on developing muscular and core strength while improving flexibility
- Aqua Aerobics: Develops your coordination, muscular strength, and cardiovascular
endurance while working against shallow water currents to constantly challenge the core muscles, leading to improvements in balance as well.
- Aqua Arthritis: Uses water walking and Arthritis Foundation exercises to move all major joints and facilitate activities of daily living. Improve balance, strength, and endurance while having fun in our 89-degree training pool.
- Aqua H.A.T.: Targets your core while focusing on training the abdominal and lower back muscles. By using the legs in multi-dimensional movement patterns, you will develop a stronger midsection to stabilize your torso and improve your balance and posture.