Please arrive 15 minutes early for health screening and sign in!
What do I need to do before I arrive?
- Reserve a lane. Advance registration is required; You may only make one reservation per day. If you do not have online access, you can call 914-366-7898 to make a reservation.
- When you reserve a lane online, you will be asked to sign a Shames JCC policy document acknowledging your understanding of our COVID-19 policies and procedures, and liability waiver. Copies of these forms will be available at the Information Station for those who register over the phone.
- Download the free LiveSafe Mobile App on your mobile phone.Click here for details.You only have to download this app once.
- Take the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire EVERY TIME you prepare to visit the Shames JCC.
What should I expect when I arrive at the Shames JCC?
Lots of smiles! We are so happy to be meeting you back at the J!
- When you enter our campus, stop at Health Screening Station for in-car, no-touch temperature check (You should have already taken the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire.)
If your receive a green light (pass), park & proceed to the Information Station
If you receive a red light (fail), you will be asked to leave the Shames JCC campus
- Sign in at the Information Station
- Use the temporary restroom facilities, if needed
- Proceed to the Aquatics Center Entrance (exterior door near previous Member Entrance)
- While you are waiting for the door to open at your reservation time, READ the signs with specific instructions for the Aquatics Center
What should I expect when I enter the Aquatics Center?
Please follow these steps when you enter the Aquatics Center:
- Place your belongings on the empty chair designated with your lane number.
- Chairs are lined up along the pool deck.
- Remove your mask and place it on your chair
- Rinse off using an on-deck shower outside of the locker rooms
- Enter the program pool on RIGHT side of steps
- Move into your reserved lane
- Swim and enjoy!
How will I know when it is time to get out of the pool?
When you hear a long whistle, your swim session has come to an end.
Are there special instructions to exit the Aquatics Center?
Funny you should ask. Yes. Please follow these steps:
- Exit the program pool on the LEFT side of steps
- Rinse off in the on-deck showers outside the locker rooms, only if you want to!
- Proceed to the chair with your belongings
- Place your mask over your nose and mouth
- Towel off and put on your shoes, and any clothing you wish to put on over your swimsuit
- Exit swiftly through Emergency Door (Exit to JCC Quad)
- Go online and make another reservation to swim again!
What measures are in place to help protect me from COVID-19 while in the Aquatics Center?
To ensure the health and safety of our swimmers,
- Health screenings are required for all participants and staff
- The Aquatics Center is cleaned and disinfected between each reservation slot
- Reservations are required and participation is limited to ensure physical distance between swimmers
- All swimmers must rinse off using the on-deck showers before entering the pool
- Staff who are not on active lifeguard duty are required to wear masks at all times. The Westchester County Department of Health does not allow lifeguards to wear masks while on duty.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the JCC campus
- Locker rooms and indoor restrooms are temporarily closed
- Towel service has been suspended
- Public water fountains are not available
- Shared aquatics equipment is not available
What are the current Aquatics Center Policies?
To review the Aquatics Center Policies & Lap Swimming Schedule, click HERE.
The Shames JCC has a no-tolerance policy with regard to following our COVID Aquatics policies. Any participant who does not adhere will be asked to leave the JCC campus immediately, and not return until the pandemic is fully resolved.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to cancel a reservation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance of the reservation.
Understanding that emergencies happen, the Shames JCC will forgive your first missed reservation (without cancelling). Missing a second reservation without cancelling in advance will result in a $5.00 penalty.
Is there anything else I should know?
The Westchester County Department of Health does not permit active duty lifeguards to wear masks. Please do not approach the lifeguard stands unless necessary and maintain at least 6′ distance from lifeguards– for their safety and yours.
Check out all of our “Back at the J” Summer Programs here.
You can donate to the Shames JCC Emergency Fund here. We need you now more than ever!
You can continue to find online resources and activities at “JCC Connected!” here.
You can review all of our COVID-19 policies and procedures here.
If you need to reinstate your membership or join the Shames JCC, please reach out to email@example.com
If you have questions about billing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, please contact email@example.com