Effective Aug 3 - Oct 3, 2020
Scroll down to see the Lap Swimming Schedule.
Aquatics Center Policies
In order to help keep swimmers and staff healthy and do our part to protect against COVID-19, we require that all Aquatics Center participant follow these policies and procedures:
- Aquatic programs are currently limited to swimmers ages 18+
- Masks may not be worn in the shower or in the pool; Masks are required prior to entering the shower/pool, and after leaving the pool/shower.
- Swim caps are mandatory. Swim caps sold in the Aquatics Office.
- Prior to entering the pools, all patrons are required to rinse off using the on-deck showers as mandated by the DOH.
- The Program Pool may only be used for lap swimming or water running.
- The Training Pool may only be used for Self-led Aquatic Exercise.
- Only one reservation per person, per day for lap swimming.
- Only one person may swim in each lane. (Maximum of 5 swimmers in the Program Pool at once)
- Only two people may exercise in the Training Pool (Maximum of 2 exercisers in the pool at once)
- Participants may enroll in only one aquatics class per session
- Swimmers must provide their own equipment– kickboards, pull buoys, flippers, etc.
- For the safety of our lifeguards, patrons are not permitted to cross the 6 foot social distance tape around the lifeguard stands. The Westchester County Department of Health (DOH) does not allow lifeguards to wear masks while on active duty. For their sake and yours, please do not approach guards unless necessary and maintain distance.
- At the end of every reservation, lifeguards blow one long whistle blast (approx. 4-6 seconds).to signify that the swim session is over. Upon hearing the whistle, you must stop swimming and exit the pool immediately.
The Shames JCC has a no-tolerance policy with regard to following our COVID Aquatics policies. Any participant who does not adhere will be asked to leave the JCC campus immediately, and not return until the pandemic is fully resolved.
*Policies are subject to change. Please check our website frequently for the most up-to-date information.
To schedule private swim lessons, please contact Ryan Manahan at [email protected]