Program Counselor – LIFT Summer Internship Program
This position is responsible for providing support to the LIFT summer internship program.
LIFT (Leadership, Internship, Friendship, Transition) is a full-day summer internship training and habilitative program geared towards young adults with supportive needs. This program, generously supported by The FAR Fund, will provide a two-part structured day and supportive experience for up to 10 participants. Building upon the foundation of job-related skills, interns will learn together and be provided with an enriched internship experience at the JCC and with a community partner. To deepen the learning, and practice the necessary skill sets that encourage reaching their most independent potentials, LIFT will offer a daily living skills learning component through programmatic opportunities; such as gardening, cooking, community service, learning money management, etc. Interview is required.
- Collaborate and assist with executing curriculum
- Support and engage participants in all learning and activities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate understanding for difference abilities
- Supervising participants
- Ensuring participants’ overall safety
- Attend all program dates, trainings and meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in subject related to social services, education or developmental disabilities
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working with young adults with disabilities in inclusive and self-contained settings
- Able to participate in physically engaging activity
- Customer-service orientation to one’s work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with parents and/or caregivers.
- Interest in providing direct care service
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with other staff to achieve programmatic goals
· Part-time Seasonal
· Tuesdays through Thursdays, July 5th – August 18th, including 25 – 30 hours of staff training in May and June
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm during the summer