Live Cooking Class: Learn How to Make a Cheesecake for Shavuot—Win an Amazon Gift Card!
Tuesday, May 26; 6:00 – 6:45 PM
Join our partners and friends at the YM&YWHA of Washington Heights & Inwood in Bubbie’s Kitchen (Bubbie’s Kitchen is a cooking program for children and their families where the food, stories, and culture of the Jewish people come to life), as we learn how to make your choice of cheesecake or cheesecake cookies! We will explore the upcoming holiday of Shavuot, its interesting customs, and how cheesecake became this holiday’s favorite dessert!
Prize: Thanks to an anonymous donor, families who attend Bubbie’s Kitchen Shavuot Cheesecake Cafe on May 26 will be entered to win an $18 Amazon gift certificate! Families who attend will have their names added to a bowl. At the end of the session, one winner will be chosen at random.
Here’s the ingredients you’ll need:
3-Step Cheesecake By Kraft Foods Ingredients
- 2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
New York Cheesecake Cookies By Sandra Lee, Food Network Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract