The JCC’s Membership Director is responsible for the design, development, and delivery of initiatives that attract new members, mitigate attrition, and inspire previous members to re-engage with the Shames JCC.
The Director will develop and implement the JCC’s approach for outreach and membership sales. This includes, without limitation: (i) developing new and expanding existing relationships with local organizations and businesses that will enhance the visibility of the JCC and membership offerings and (ii) creating, promoting, and implementing membership enhancing operations, programs, events, and services.
The Membership Director will ensure that JCC membership is accurately tracked at all times. Using strong analytical skills, the Membership Director will highlight the apparent wants and needs of existing and prospective members. The Director will analyze and report on the outcomes of membership marketing efforts and on membership statistics and will propose changes as appropriate.
The Membership Director supervises and manages staff in the following areas: Marketing/Communication Community Experience, Member Engagement, and Membership Accounting. With the Director’s leadership, this team will develop and implement processes and protocols to optimize the member experience. The Director will design and deliver appropriate staff training and will ensure productive information sharing.
The Membership Director position may require evening and weekend hours. This position requires initiative and strong interpersonal, as well as planning, skills. The Director will serve as part of the JCC’s management, demonstrating interest and ability to work collaboratively with other staff and across JCC departments to achieve programmatic and agency-wide goals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS:
● Bachelor’s degree
● 5+ years of management and sales experience (fitness or hospitality industry preferred)
● Proven ability to manage teams
● Excellent organizational skills, computer skills, and communication skills
● Emotional intelligence; able to connect with and understand needs of prospective and existing members
● Comfortable working with a database / CRM platform
- Individual and family membership to our Fitness Center
- Generous time-off package
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance (70% employer-paid)
- Discounts on JCC programs: Summer Camps, Almost Home After School, Early Childhood, and Pre-school
- Incentive rewards for membership sales
Apply for this position
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.