Program Registration Policies
The policies below apply to participants in all Shames JCC classes and programs.
By registering you agree to abide by these policies and confirm that the participant is both physically and developmentally able to participate.
Payment must accompany registration. The JCC accepts all major credit and debit cards. Membership must be current for the duration of a class to be eligible for member rates.
Children participating in our Early Childhood Center and/or Almost Home must submit a completed registration form and a medical form including documentation of a physical exam dated within the last 12 months and a list of immunizations before they will be allowed to participate.
The Shames JCC on the Hudson is deeply committed to enabling access to its programs to participants in many different financial circumstances. Need-based assistance is available. To apply, please complete this form and send to Wendy Antini ([email protected] or 914-366-7898, x1119). All financial aid information will kept confidential.
Refunds and Credits
For policies related to Membership, Early Childhood Center, River Friends Day Camp, and/or Almost Home, please see your Membership agreement and/or registration documents. For Club J and Extracurriculars, please click here. All other Shames JCC programs, the following policies apply.
The Shames JCC does not issue any refunds or credits without express written approval by the JCC’s Chief Program Officer and/or Chief Financial Officer. With limited exceptions as noted below, the following withdrawal policies apply.
For any and all programs meeting 3 or fewer instances:
- Due to costs and booking commitments associated with classes or events that meet 3 or fewer times per programming season, the JCC cannot offer any refunds or credits for a participant’s withdrawal.
For any and all programs meeting 4 or more times:
- When a participant’s approved withdrawal request conforms to the timetable below, refunds or credits may be issued.
- There is a $25 processing fee for all transfers and cancellations.
The policies below apply to participants in all Shames JCC classes and programs. By registering you agree to abide by these policies and confirm that the participant is both physically and developmentally able to participate.
- When a written request for withdrawal is received at least 7 days before the date of the first class, the person enrolled will receive a full refund of the amount paid, less a $25 processing fee.
- When a written request for withdrawal is received before the 3rd class, the person enrolled will receive JCC credit equal to 50% of the amount paid.
- After the third class, refunds and/or credits cannot be granted.
- The JCC is not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any refund or credit for programs missed as a result of personal scheduling conflicts, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control.
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to the applicable program director.
- Any and all requests for refunds/credits must be submitted to and approved by Finance.
- Refund/Credit requests may be made from the time before a program begins, up until 50% of the program has occurred. After 50% of a program has occurred, fees are non-refundable and no credits will be provided.
- For any and all programs meeting 2 or fewer instances, fees are non-refundable and no credits will be provided.
- For any and all programs meeting 3 or more times, upon approval of participant’s request, fees will be credited to the participant’s Shames JCC account, less a cancellation fee equivalent to the value of two class-days or the amount of class-days that have occurred at the time of participant’s request, whichever is greater.
Make-ups are scheduled for class-days missed by the instructor or cancelled by the Shames JCC due to inclement weather. The Shames JCC is not responsible for providing make-ups or issuing refunds for class-days that are missed due to participant conﬂicts, illness, emergencies, or other events beyond our control.
The Shames JCC has the right to cancel a program due to insuﬃcient registration. Programs that do not meet minimum enrollment requirements will not run and any who have enrolled will be contacted and provided with options to enroll in alternative programs or receive a full credit/refund.
- Instructors are subject to change, with or without notice.
- Age ranges are provided as guidelines to help participants select the most appropriate class for themselves and/or family members; please consult with Shames JCC staff and/or relevant instructor(s) for additional guidance as needed.
The Shames JCC strives for inclusion. Participants with IEPs, 504 plans, and/or specific neuro-developmental needs should contact [email protected] to discuss intake and options for appropriate programs.
Supervision of Children
Adult supervision is required for all children inside the building unless they are enrolled in speciﬁc JCC programs for which accompaniment by an adult is not required. Staff supervision is available only at program locations during class hours.
The JCC is a smoke-free environment.
The JCC on the Hudson reserves the right to use without compensation all videos and photographs taken during JCC activities for the purposes of JCC and aﬃliated agency publicity in online channels and/or print publications.
The JCC relies on email to update participants about schedule changes, emergency closings and upcoming events. If you prefer to receive class-speciﬁc emails, but not general information emails, from the JCC please “update proﬁle” using the link at the bottom of any letter to unsubscribe from the “E-News” mailing list. This will keep you on class lists and remove you from all other JCC lists. It is your responsibility to notify us if your contact information changes. You can update your family and contact information online via the self service portal or contact our oﬃce.
Accessibility & Security
The JCC is fully accessible to the disabled. Members must bring their key fobs to access the ﬁtness center and program areas. Non-members must sign in at the front desk and wear a visitor pass while at the JCC. The main lobby entrance is the only appropriate entrance and exit. No participant, member or visitor may hold doors open for strangers, or open the glass door at the foot of the stairs or at any other emergency exit, thereby compromising our security, except in the case of an emergency evacuation or drill.
Federal ID Number
Federal Tax ID number is 23-7229163.
The JCC is a licensed OCFS (NY State Office of Children and Family Services) facility.
View our policy here.