River Friends Day Camp: Head Counselor
Summary: In accordance with all rules and regulations as established by program management as well as those included in the Shames JCC Employee Manual, the Head Counselor provides superior childcare services and supports a positive experience for children, their parents, and/or caregivers, members, visitors, and colleagues. The Head Counselor is responsible for providing outstanding professional service in a consistently professional and courteous manner while ensuring the safety, engagement, entertainment, and well-being of children, and supporting a warm and friendly community experience throughout the entire JCC.
These functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs.
- Ensuring overall safety, including the safe use of toys, games and any other materials and/or furnishings throughout the general play environment
- Supervising and collaborating with assistant and junior counselors
- Communicating with parents/caregivers of campers when necessary
- Communicating and collaborating with directors/assistant director on all camp matters
- Creating and supervising camper activities for assigned campers
- Redirecting activities whenever necessary to keep children safe, engaged, and entertained
- Setting and communicating behavioral expectations of children in group
- Ensuring your assigned room is inviting and clean- always ready for the next shift before departing, inclusive of washing/sanitizing toys or other durage materials or surfaces
- Adhering to COVID-19 protocols and procedures
- Other duties as may be assigned
Email [email protected] for more information.
Apply for this position
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.