Reception Associate (Welcome Desk Staff)
Reception Associate (Welcome Desk Staff)
Summary: In accordance with the Fitness Department policies, all Welcome Desk Staff support a positive environment for members, visitors and colleagues. Conducting themselves in a consistently welcoming, professional and courteous manner, Welcome Desk Staff are responsible for providing outstanding customer service, helping to ensure the safety and well-being of all members and guests, and facilitating a warm and friendly community experience throughout the entire JCC.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs.
- Meet and greet members, their guests and visitors, and program participants and families, as they arrive
- Support the smooth operations of all welcome desk functions
- Manage guest inquiries, and escalate them to supervisor(s) and/or other teams, as necessary
- Participate in all required trainings
- Assist members with purchases of retail goods and/or services
- Keep service desk clean, orderly and well-stocked with retail goods and promotional materials
- Assist with updating reference materials, such as safety guidelines and required logs and ledgers
- Support programs, and the cross-selling of programs whenever possible
- Additional duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor and/or management personnel
- Adherence to all Fitness Department Policies is required
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of a high school diploma, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong customer service and sales orientation
- A team player, with the ability and willingness to take management direction, and to interact with others in a friendly, engaging and professional manner
- A strong track record of consistently providing excellence in service, and quality of work
- Proficiency in using technology and/or office skills, as could be required on the job
- Experience working in high-performing, collaborative and constructive teams
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification is a plus
- Personal attributes of integrity and professionalism, as well as a commitment to and passion for customer service, and the JCC’s mission
The Shames JCC on the Hudson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Adherence to the Policies that Follow is Required of All Fitness and Welcome Desk Staff, as they may apply to your role.
Work Environment: While most work is generally performed at or around the Welcome Desk, this job may operate throughout all fitness and classroom facilities, as well as in a professional office environment, to be determined in accordance with the agency’s business needs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to articulate fingers, and reach with hands and arms. Bending, crouching, and the regular lifting of up to 20 lbs., and the occasional lifting of 50 or more lbs. may be required, in accordance with each role. Specific sensory abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, as well as a functional sense of smell, in order to facilitate the monitoring of shifting facility environments, for safety purposes.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: These are hourly roles with varying schedules, with hours to be determined in concert with the Fitness and Operations Manager, another designated supervisor, and/or other management personnel. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Travel: Travel is not expected to be required.