Program Operations Coordinator
Program Operations Coordinator
The Shames JCC is currently looking for a detailed oriented coordinator to support the operational needs of our agency’s dynamic and diverse programs. Reporting to the COO and CPO (Chief Program Officer), you will ensure that all programs run fluidly by scheduling and coordinating best room usage, communicating with all Shames JCC staff and program participants when needed, and facilitating with internal teammates so our many talented professionals and community members can enjoy our community center.
This is a part-time position, 25 hours per week; Up to 5 days per week. The work schedule is flexible and you will be flexible to work in between 9-5 some days and evenings on others to support critical times for programming.
• Enter and update program data into the Worxhub system (room scheduling)
• Work with Facilities Staff to ensure room set ups are correct and completed in a timely manner
• Analyze room reservations and related facilities-needs to ensure appropriate engagement of facilities staff and to promote successful delivery of programs
• Communicate with Welcome Desk staff and facilities staff regarding program locations and facilities-related needs
• Liaise to current and potential vendors and instructors
• Coordinate facility rentals
• Provide program administrative and project support, as needed, to the Chief Program Officer and the Chief Operating Officer
• Familiarity with Worxhub (preferred but not required)
• Familiarity with Daxko Operations (preferred but not required)
• Available to work flexible hours
• Friendly and welcoming
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills; effective listening and appropriate follow-up inquiry
• Analytical thinking and high attention to detail
• Adaptability; comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
• Commitment to the mission of the Shames JCC
As a regular part-time employee you are eligible for an all inclusive individual membership , paid time off and program discounts.
All interested candidates must provide a cover letter, resume and salary expectations in order to be considered.
What is the JCC?
The JCC is a non-sectarian community center, providing experiences for individuals and families throughout their lives.
The Shames JCC on the Hudson is a welcoming, inclusive gathering place where we enrich the greater community by offering social, recreational, educational and cultural opportunities guided by Jewish values. At the JCC, people socialize, take classes, exercise, learn and grow. From toddler drop off to active retirement groups, there is something for everyone.
Our preschool, after-school child care, enrichment classes, vacation mini-camps and summer day camps engage children 1-16 years. Teens socialize, take test prep, and participate in training programs for fun and credit. Adults of all ages enjoy working out in our fitness center, attending exercise classes, parenting groups, lectures, films, discussion groups, and trips. Individuals with special needs enjoy camaraderie and develop social skills in both self-contained and inclusive programs.
The Shames JCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender orientation or expression, marital status or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic under applicable federal or state law.