Manager of Almost Home After School Program
Hours: M – F, 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Summary: The Director of Almost Home oversees and manages safe, caring, engaging and professionally supervised after-school enrichment program, offering age-appropriate activities in an educational, recreational and social setting.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below.
- Hiring and supervising staff, including coordination of all licensing materials and procedures, as well as maintenance of required records
Managing participant registrations including, without limitation, review and evaluation of health forms and immunization records
- Budget accountability
- Planning, developing, overseeing and/or participating in educational and/or play activities with children (including, without limitation, special events such as holiday or end-of-year celebrations for program participants)
- Performing routine safety checks and ensuring a safe program environment at all times
- Planning and ensuring delivery of staff training
- Fostering communication between schools, the community and the JCC
- Regular, as well as ad-hoc, communication with caregivers of program participants
- Regular, as well as ad-hoc, communication with program staff
- Providing referrals for support services to parents, as needed
- Other duties, as may be assigned
- Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Elementary or Pre-chool Education and/or 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- A team player, with the ability and willingness to accept management direction, and to interact with others, inclusive of program participants and their parents/caregivers, members and visitors, in a friendly, engaging and consummately professional manner
- Superior organizational and record-keeping skills
- Attention to detail
- A strong track record of consistently providing excellence in childcare service
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Ability and willingness to pass a pre-employment background check
- Upon acceptance of employment, ability and willingness to undergo and pass all background and other checks required under law, such as OCFS, SEL, SCR checks, TB screen, etc.
The Shames JCC on the Hudson provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.