River Friends Day Camp: Junior Counselor
Summary: In accordance with all rules and regulations as established by program management as well as those included in the Shames JCC Employee Manual, the Junior Counselor provides superior childcare services and supports a positive experience for children, their parents and/or caregivers, members, visitors and colleagues. The Junior Counselor is responsible for providing outstanding professional service in a consistently professional and courteous manner, while ensuring the safety, engagement, entertainment and well-being of children, and supporting a warm and friendly community experience throughout the entire JCC.
These functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs.
- Ensuring overall safety, including the safe use of toys, games, and any other materials and/or furnishings throughout the general play environment
- Collaborating with head and assistant counselors to carry out daily functions and activities of camp pod
- Communicating and collaborating with head counselor and assistant director/director on camp matters
- Supervising camper activities for assigned campers
- Assisting in redirecting activities whenever necessary to keep children safe, engaged, and entertained
- Assisting in ensuring your assigned room is inviting and clean- always ready for the next shift before departing, inclusive of washing/sanitizing toys or other materials/surfaces
- Other duties as may be assigned