Early Childhood Center: Head Teachers & Assistant Teachers
The Shames JCC Early Childhood Center in Tarrytown, NY in the heart of the Rivertowns, is looking to hire both Head Teachers and Assistant Teachers for the 21-22 school year. We have full and part-time hours available and candidates need to be prepared to work Monday to Friday beginning on September 1, 2021.
- Head Teacher candidates are required to have a degree in Education with a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
- Assistant Teacher candidates are required to have a high school degree, but a degree in Education or a related field is preferred.
Candidates should have some experience working with young children in a classroom setting. All applicants should possess a warm, loving and positive attitude with a keen appreciation for young children.
We are looking for teachers who:
- will partner with families and maintain open communication as the children make the transition from home to school and throughout the school year.
- will provide a warm and caring school environment that respects each child’s creativity and individuality.
- have experience in guiding children’s play and learning as they experiment, explore, and create.
- will work and collaborate with other teachers to ensure that our school environment is inviting and supportive of every child.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Ann Zarider, Director of Early Childhood Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.