Director of Special Needs Services
The Director of Special Needs Services is a member of the JCC professional staff and partners with leaders across all areas of the JCC to bring their vision of the department to life.
In this role, the Director of Special Needs Services is responsible to ensure high-quality delivery of diverse programs and experiences to individuals with neuro-developmental and/or physical disabilities, as well as their families. The Director will develop, provide oversight and implementation of weekend recreational opportunities and summer services for individuals with disabilities and will provide support to inclusive child-care programs such as Almost Home.
This is a full-time position with days and hours based on the program schedule. Weekend work is required. Medical, Vacation, Sick, and Holiday Benefits available after 90 days.
- Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs. All JCC staff are expected to support a welcoming and positive environment for program participants and their caregivers, as well as members, visitors and colleagues
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, and appropriate onboarding of program staff and supervision of program staff
- Facilitate staff trainings and professional development workshops
- Provide administrative support to curriculum development of programs
- Conduct intakes for all programs and manage registrations
- Regular communication with families and staff
- Providing referrals for supportive services to parents, as needed
- Budget accountability
- Responsible for applying for, and reporting related to funding (e.g. grants) and tracking of programmatic and participant/staff data relevant to funding sources
- Ensure that all programs and activities conform to all funder guidelines
- Continually assess areas for program growth and expansion
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and across JCC departments to achieve programmatic goals
- Other duties, as may be assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters in Social Work or a related field
A minimum of 5 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities
- Supervisory and management experience
- Excellent management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Adaptable and flexible management style
- Comfort and ability to supervise and manage others of varying ages and abilities
- Computer savvy
Please send your resume to Amanda Gabel at [email protected].