Aquatics: American Red Cross Instructor
Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the American Red Cross Instructor will lead all Health & Safety courses. Creates a fun, safe, and inviting learning environment to ensure a positive member experience in accordance with the JCC aquatic policy and American Red Cross guidelines. Builds strong relationships with participants and continually recommends classes based on interest.
$30 – $35/hr
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives to all shifts 15 minutes prior to start of shift, in uniform, and prepared
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Reserves classroom, pool space, etc. as need to conduct all portions of the course.
- Instructs classes in accordance with JCC policies, including covering all class components and using proper teaching technique in accordance to the ARC guidelines.
- Responsible for attending all scheduled classes; when an absence is unavoidable, secures a substitute and provides lesson plans for that substitute.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the JCC such as class attendance and performance skills.
- Maintains a constant watch on all class participants and ensures the highest level of safety during the class.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants, and other staff.
- Ensures the health and safety of all members and participants by knowing, understanding, and consistently enforcing safety rules, policies, procedures, and regulations for the pool and aquatic area.
- Teaches with enthusiasm and creativity
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with JCC policies and procedures.
- Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains all required certifications for position while employed.
- Submits all course completion records in a timely manner and in accordance with ARC guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment and communicate concerns to your supervisor.
- Keep pool area and equipment clean, neat, and organized.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Aquatics Director.
- Promote Aquatic Programs.
- Attends and participates in all in-service trainings and staff meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Aquatics Director
- ARC (or equivalent) CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- ARC (or equivalent) Lifeguard
- ARC (or equivalent) LGI
- ARC (or equivalent) Babysitter’s Training Instructor, or ability to obtain within 30-days of employment
- ARC (or equivalent) Remote & Wilderness First Aid Instructor, or ability to obtain within 30-days of employment
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, climb, and/or balance.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to wet and humid conditions.
- Frequently exposed to moderate to high noise levels.
- Frequently exposed to warm environments.
Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne, or bloodborne pathogens.
AFTER HIRE REQUIREMENTS:
Aquatics New Hire Orientation before first shift.
Apply for this position
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.