River Friends Day Camp: Assistant Counselor
Summary: In accordance with all rules and regulations as established by program management as well as those included in the Shames JCC Employee Manual, the Head Counselor provides superior childcare services and supports a positive experience for children, their parents and/or caregivers, members, visitors and colleagues. The Head Counselor is responsible for providing outstanding professional service in a consistently professional and courteous manner, while ensuring the safety, engagement, entertainment and well-being of children, and supporting a warm and friendly community experience throughout the entire JCC.
These functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs.
- Ensuring overall safety, including the safe use of toys, games and any other materials and/or furnishings throughout the general play environment
- Collaborating with head counselor to carry out daily functions and activities of camp pod
- Communicating and collaborating with head counselor and assistant director/director on camp matters
- Supervising camper activities for assigned campers
- Assisting in the redirecting activities whenever necessary to keep children safe, engaged, and entertained
- Assisting in ensuring your assigned room is inviting and clean- always ready for the next shift before departing, inclusive of washing/sanitizing toys or other durage materials or surfaces
- Adhering to COVID-19 protocols and procedures
- Other duties as may be assigned