All Fitness Floor Staff, including Group EX and Personal Trainers, support a positive environment for members, visitors, and colleagues. Conducting themselves in a consistently professional and courteous manner, Staff are responsible for providing outstanding customer service, ensuring the safety and well-being of all members and guests, also ensuring a warm and friendly community experience throughout the Fitness Center, GX Department, and the entire JCC.
Essential functions include but are not limited to the following that are listed below. While we strive to maintain clarity around job expectations, work activities may be subject to change at any time, in accordance with organizational needs.
- Arriving 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time is required, and will be paid in accordance with wage and hour laws
- Performance of professional fitness work, as determined in cooperation with the supervisor
- Assistance with the upkeep of the physical environment, including the performance of cleaning activities when necessary
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and trainings, as well as in-service trainings is required, and will be compensated in accordance with wage and hour
- Performance of walk-throughs of the Fitness Center to ensure all is clean and in working order, and prompt notification of the Fitness and Operations Manager of any equipment repair or related issues
- Maintenance and ensuring the accuracy of all required records, as instructed by the supervisor, including but not limited to orientations, assessments and sensitive member data, and ensuring proper and secure filing of such records
- Assuring that the first aid kit is fully stocked, and notifying the appropriate party for replenishment when supplies are low
- Arranging for coverage in case of absence is required, in accordance with local law. Coverage arrangements should be emailed in advance to both the substitute and the supervisor, and may be subject to supervisory and/or management approval
- Adherence to all Fitness Department Policies is required (policies included in this document)