Aquatics: Head Swim Coach
Aquatics: Head Swim Coach
Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Director, the Head Swim Coach is responsible for providing instructional workouts that will prepare participants for their individual needs such as competition, fitness, etc. The Head Swim Coach is also responsible for promoting, organizing, and conducting swim practices in accordance with the JCC aquatic policy and JCC Aquatic Safety Standards & Guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Arrives to all shifts 15 minutes prior to start of shift, in uniform, and prepared.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Identify and recruit strong talent to help develop a successful swim program.
- Effectively design and plan a workout curriculum for all swim levels.
- Provide constant feedback to participants to facilitate improvements.
- Create a season outline containing practice schedules, meet schedules, workout goals, and important events to present to the Aquatics Director.
- Secure a qualified substitute coach when needed.
- Cover last minute shifts for assistant coaches when illness or emergency matters arise.
- Develop a volunteer parents committee.
- Establish and maintain good communication with participants, parents, and supervisor.
- Attend all meetings, swim meets, and practice sessions.
- Teach all aspects of competitive swimming and provide swimmers the opportunity to master technique.
- Publish periodic reports such as Swim Team Newsletters, budgets, meet schedules, etc.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the JCC.
- Maintains constant watch on all class participants and ensures the highest level of safety during the class.
- Ensures the health and safety of all members and participants by knowing, understanding, and consistently enforcing safety rules, policies, procedures, and regulations for the pool and aquatic area.
- Teaches with enthusiasm and creativity
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with JCC policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains all required certifications for position while employed.
- Exercise good judgment and communicate concerns to your supervisor.
- Keep pool area and equipment clean, neat, and organized.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Aquatics Director.
- Promotes swim team and other aquatic programs.
- Attends and participates in all in-service trainings and staff meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor
- ARC (or equivalent) CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- ARC (or equivalent) Lifeguarding with First Aid
- ARC (or equivalent) WSI preferred
- ARC (or equivalent) Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- ASCA Level 1 (or equivalent) Swim Coach
- Frequently required to stand, sit, walk, climb, and/or balance
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- Frequently exposed to wet and humid conditions
- Frequently exposed to moderate to high noise levels.
- Frequently exposed to warm environments.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne, or bloodborne pa
Apply for this position
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.