Group Child Care Counselor, After School Program
At the JCC, we are hiring for our after-school program Almost Home. Our program provides care to children in grades K-6 from school dismissal until 6:00 pm. Work with the staff team to create entertaining activities that engage children creatively, physically, and socially, in a safe atmosphere.
Counselors are employed part-time, two to five days a week, and are offered additional hours during early dismissal days and vacation mini-camps.
Counselors must be at least 18 years of age and undergo a background check.
· Education and/or experience in camp, babysitting, education or youth recreation, preferred
· Strong sense of responsibility and enthusiasm for the program; counselors should enjoy actively engaging with children
· Creativity; able to develop and implement children’s games and activities with minimal direction
· Good communication skills
· Reliability, patience, and a good sense of humor
If you love working with kids, are a team player and able to work after school hours (2:00-6:00), send us your resume!