If you have been diagnosed with, or suspect that you have been exposed to, COVID-19, and have attended the JCC campus in the last 14 days, please contact the Shames JCC’s “COVID Point of Contact” immediately: Eric Hammermeister at firstname.lastname@example.org or 914-366-7898 ext. 1140.
To ensure the health and safety of our staff and participants, the Shames JCC requires that you:
- Everything is by reservation only; walk-ins are not permitted as per NYS local and state regulations and mandates.
- Complete the LiveSafe health screening questionnaire BEFORE EACH VISIT to the Shames JCC campus
- If you do not pass the health screening, you must not attend the Shames JCC campus.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth while on the Shames JCC campus unless otherwise instructed to do so. Bandannas, buffs, masks with exhalation valves or vents, and gaiters are NOT acceptable face coverings.Exceptions:
- Swimmers & Active Duty Lifeguards (DOH does not allow lifeguards to wear masks while on duty)
- Outdoors: if an instructor states that you may remove your mask for a specific activity, after ensuring you are at least 6’ away from others
- Once you arrive on campus, enter the building at the Main Entrance only.
- Take your temperature on the wall mount thermometer on your right-hand side, then proceed to wait in line social distancing on our blue floor stickers, and wait for check-in.
- When it’s your turn at the front desk, show the Member Service Representative your LiveSafe survey results and scan your key fob.
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance from every person who does not live in your household
- Wash your hands frequently or use the hand sanitizing stations located throughout the JCC campus
- Stay home if you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- If you have a confirmed case of Covid-19, you will not be permitted on the Shames JCC campus until the following conditions have ALL been met:
- You are symptom-free for 72 hours (without medication)
- It has been at least 14 days since exposure to COVID-19
- You have written clearance from a health care provider to return to the Shames JCC
- Escort all minors (under 18) to and from Activity Areas
- If you are unable to honor your reservation, please contact the JCC at email@example.com at least 24 hours in advance to cancel.