What Parents Need To Know
What measures are in place to help protect campers from COVID-19?
- Karate Mini Camps will be held outdoors under a large canopy. Participation will be limited to ensure at least 6′ distance between campers under the activity canopy.
- Each participant will be situated in his/her own designated space, marked off by cones, colored circles, or similar indicators. Each space will be created such that all students are at least 6 feet from each other.
- All campers must wear masks prior to, and immediately following, activity. While in their designated spaces, during the course of this program, camper masks are optional.
- Instructors will maintain at least 6ft of distance from participants. In any and all circumstances when the instructor cannot maintain 6 feet of distance from a participant, the instructor shall wear a mask.
- The camp Activity Area will be cleaned and disinfected before and after camp each day.
- Each camper will be encouraged to use the hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the JCC campus.
- Campers will be encouraged to bring his/her own mat (yoga mat or similar) on which they will practice karate and move. For those who do not bring mats, one will be provided for use during camp; it will be wiped with disinfectant before and after camp each day.
- Indoor restrooms will be closed; Temporary outdoor restrooms are available for camper use.
- Water fountains will not be available; Please have your camper BYO water bottle.
- Anyone who enters our campus must pass a COVID-19 health screening.
- The Shames JCC has a no-tolerance policy with regard to following our COVID procedures. Any participant who does not follow COVID procedures will be asked to leave the JCC campus immediately, and not return until the pandemic is fully resolved.
Do I need to do anything before camp begins?
- Register! Spaces are limited.
- When you reserve online, you will be asked to sign a Shames JCC policy document acknowledging your understanding of our COVID-19 policies and procedures, and liability waiver for a minor.
- Download the free LiveSafe Mobile App on your mobile phone For more details, click here. You only have to download this app once.
- Take the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire EVERY TIME you prepare to visit the Shames JCC TWICE– once for yourself and once for your child.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to allow time for a heath screening and sign in.
What should I expect when I arrive at the Shames JCC?
Lots of smiles! We are so happy to be meeting you back at the J!
What should I know about drop off?
- When you enter our campus, stop at Health Screening Station for in-car, no-touch temperature check (You should have already taken the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire.)
If your receive a green light (pass), park & proceed to the Information Station
If you receive a red light (fail), you will be asked to leave the Shames JCC campus
- Accompany your child to the Information Station to sign in
- Encourage your child to use the temporary restroom facilities, if needed, before camp begins
- Proceed with your child to the camp Activity Area; Wait outside the canopy for an instructor to invite your child in
- While you are waiting, READ the signs with specific instructions for camp
- Once the instructor takes attendance, you can return to your vehicle
How does pick up work?
- Before you pick up your child, take the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire
- Stop at Health Screening Station for in-car, no-touch temperature check when you enter the Shames JCC campus
- Sign In at the Information Station
- Proceed to the camp Activity Area & sign your child out with the instructor
- Help your child collect their belongings and accompany your child to your vehicle
Is there anything else I should know?
Check out all of our “Back at the J” Summer Programs here.
You can donate to the Shames JCC Emergency Fund here. We need you now more than ever!
You can continue to find online resources and activities at “JCC Connected!” here.
You can review all of our COVID-19 policies and procedures here.
If you need to reinstate your membership or join the Shames JCC, please reach out to email@example.com
If you have questions about billing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, please contact email@example.com