What measures are in place to help protect participants from COVID-19?
- Challenge Island Family Fun Nights will be held outdoors under a large canopy. Participation will be limited.
- Each family (up to 6 individuals) will be situated at their own table. Each table will be spaced at least 6 feet from each other table.
- Each family will be provided with their own set of supplies.
- All participants must adhere to JCC policies regarding masks while they are present on the JCC campus. While seated at the tables, during the course of this program, participant masks are optional.
- Instructors will maintain at least 6ft of distance from participants. In any and all circumstances when the instructor cannot maintain 6 feet of distance from a participant, the instructor shall wear a mask.
- The Activity Area will be cleaned and disinfected before participants arrive.
- Participants will be encouraged to use the hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the JCC campus.
- Indoor restrooms will be closed; Temporary outdoor restrooms are available for use.
- Water fountains will not be available; Please BYO water bottle.
- Anyone who enters our campus must pass a COVID-19 health screening
- The Shames JCC has a no-tolerance policy with regard to following our COVID procedures. Any participant who does not follow COVID procedures will be asked to leave the JCC campus immediately, and not return until the pandemic is fully resolved.
Do I need to do anything to prepare for Challenge Island Family Fun Nights?
- Register! Spaces are limited.
- When you reserve online, you will be asked to sign a Shames JCC policy document acknowledging your understanding of our COVID-19 policies and procedures and liability waivers.
- Download the free LiveSafe Mobile App on your mobile phone. Click here for details. You only have to download this app once.
- Take the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire EVERY TIME you prepare to visit the Shames JCC. Every person who will attend must complete this questionnaire. Parents should complete a questionnaire for each of their children.
- Arrive 15 minutes early on the night of the event to allow time for a heath screening and sign in.
What should I expect when I arrive at the Shames JCC?
Lots of smiles! We are so happy to be meeting you back at the J!
What should I do when I arrive at the Shames JCC?
- When you enter our campus, stop at Health Screening Station for in-car, no-touch temperature checks (All participants should have already taken the LiveSafe Mobile App health screening questionnaire.)
If everyone in your vehicle receives a green light (pass), park & proceed to the Information Station
If anyone in your vehicle receives a red light (fail), you will be asked to leave the Shames JCC campus
- Sign in at the Information Station
- Proceed with your child to the Challenge Island Activity Area; Wait outside the canopy for an instructor to direct you to a table
- Have fun! Enjoy!
- Register for more Family Fun Nights at the Shames JCC!
Is there anything else I should know?
Check out all of our “Back at the J” Summer Programs here.
You can donate to the Shames JCC Emergency Fund here. We need you now more than ever!
You can continue to find online resources and activities at “JCC Connected!” here.
You can review all of our COVID-19 policies and procedures here.
If you need to reinstate your membership or join the Shames JCC, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about billing, please contact email@example.com
For general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org