MLK Day of Service with Shames JCC: Packing Blizzard Boxes to Address Food Insecurity
Monday, January 18, 2021; 1:00 – 2:00 PM
It’s been a tough year of extraordinary challenges. Let’s come together as a community—and take action to make the world a better place.
With your help, we can address local food insecurity, made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic. In previous years, this was a large in-person event at the Shames JCC and while we will miss seeing everyone in-person, the spirit of the event will be as high as ever. To participate this year, please:
- Register to pick up Blizzard Box kits. Each kit will contain four Blizzard Boxes to assemble, decorate, and pack emergency non-perishable meals. Participants can register for a minimum of one kit (four Blizzard Boxes) and a maximum of three kits (12 Blizzard Boxes).
- Pick up the Blizzard Box kits at the Shames JCC beginning Tuesday, January 12 (the last day for pick-up is Sunday, January 17. Please note that there are no pick-up times on Saturday, January 16).
- Purchase the non-perishable food items needed to complete your Blizzard Boxes. A list of the items needed will be included in your kits.
- Then, on MLK Day, we will gather on-line to pack our boxes together and learn together about social justice, Judaism, and Dr. King.
- Drop off the completed boxes at the JCC by January 22 (curbside drop-off will be available).
Let’s make a difference by contributing to the world Dr. King dreamed of and working with our neighbors to help those in need.
Now more than ever, it’s Time for Good.
Register for your Blizzard Box Kits