Community Experience Team Lead
The Shames JCC on the Hudson is a non-sectarian community center providing meaningful experiences for individuals and families throughout their lives. We are a welcoming, inclusive gathering place that enriches the greater community through social, recreational, educational, social action, supportive service, wellness, and cultural programs and resources guided by Jewish values.
The Shames JCC Welcome Desk and Customer Experience staff support a positive environment for members, visitors, and colleagues. They are responsible for providing outstanding customer service, facilitating a warm, friendly, responsive community experience throughout the entire JCC.
The Community Experience Lead
are responsible for supervising the Welcome Desk team during their shifts, ensuring colleagues are equipped to provide accurate information and excellent customer service in all member interactions, and perform administrative duties as needed.
- Supervise Welcome Desk colleagues, and serve as point of contact for any issues that arise; escalate issues and liaise with management as needed;
- Ensure all shift colleagues are informed of the day’s activities, programmatic updates, and schedule changes; communicate all of these and answer questions as needed in person and via phone;
- Model, set expectations, and hold Welcome Desk colleagues accountable for excellent customer service, including but not limited to:
- Responding to member requests and questions in an accurate, informed, warm and welcoming way;
- Referring members or passing on the request/question to colleagues if needed;
- Train and coach Welcome desk shift colleagues on performance improvements needed;
- Oversee creation of a welcoming, informative front desk and overall environment;
- Communicate with Community Experience Senior Manager daily on any concerns or needs that the JCC members or staff need to be met;
- Prepare “handover” notes for next Team Lead at end of each shift with relevant information;
- Conduct tours and follow up on prospective members; and
- Perform administrative duties to keep member records up to date as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in customer service and hospitality required
- Prior management experience a plus
- Background in administrative work preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and remain calm in a busy environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- A commitment to the community-building mission of the J
Apply for this position
Please upload your resume and cover letter. Thank you.